Lawrence Okolie Record
Good fight, and what a expertise Okolie might become! Not watched lots of boxing since the pandemic began and that jogged my memory why I started watching boxing within the first place. Tougher opposition ahead little question, however he gave a very stable account of himself tonight. Great efficiency and an unbelievable achievement from Okolie. Massive respect for the person 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧Shame the presenters & commentators on Sky needed to go on about his previous job ‘flipping burgers,’ although.
- This fighter will turn into regionally ranked following the completion of their first MMA bout.
- In the previous few fight he has improved considerably from an ungainly scrappy fighter with exceptional power to a extra poised, calculated and patient fighter utilising his attributes such as his attain and jab.
- Great efficiency and an unimaginable achievement from Okolie.
- While Okolie benefited from a dominant victory over Glowacki’s countryman Nikodem Jezewski in December, Glowacki had not boxed since being stopped in three rounds by Breidis 21 months in the past.
- Prior to the fight being made, Okolie vacated the Commonwealth cruiserweight title.
On sixteen April 2018, Commonwealth cruiserweight champion Luke Watkins (thirteen–zero, 9 KOs) referred to as out Okolie for a fight in the future. Nine days later, the Swindon Advertiser reported that Okolie’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, had given the bout the green light to go forward. On 26 April, a deal had been agreed for the fight to happen on 6 June at the York Hall in London. Okolie dropped Watkins twice on his approach to a 3rd-round stoppage victory. Referee Michael Alexander stopped the struggle at 1 minute forty seconds of the round. After the bout, Hearn stated the Commonwealth necessary challenger, Wadi Camacho (20–7, 12 KOs), would doubtless be Okolie’s solely title defence earlier than moving on to the British and European titles.
Lawrence Okolie Profile
In round six, Okolie landed a proper hand to Chamberlain, forcing his glove to the touch the canvas for a second knockdown. After ten rounds, the judges scorecards learn ninety eight–89, ninety seven–89 and in favour of Okolie. After the battle, Okolie called out Welsh boxer Craig Kennedy (16–1, eight KOs) for a fight on the Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker undercard. Hackney, London EnglandStanceOrthodoxBoxing recordTotal fights16Wins16Wins by KO13Losses0Lawrence Okolie is a British skilled boxer who has held the WBO cruiserweight title since March 2021.
Okolie fights from a standard orthodox stance, which means he favours his right hand as his energy hand when combating. Okolie’s final 5 fights have come over a period of 2 years and 1 day, meaning he has been combating on common each 4 months and 26 days. In those fights, he fought a total of 26 rounds, meaning that they’ve lasted 5.2 rounds on common.